MUST HAVE A DOCTORATE IN VETERINARY MEDICINE
Please use the form at the bottom of the page to submit your resume.
The Benson Animal Hospital is located in Rural Benson. We are a private one-doctor animal hospital serving dogs and cats. The associate veterinarian works with the practice owner to define and implement practice medical policies and procedures that ensure quality patient care. Deliver medical, surgical, and dental care to patients, and supervise medical staff members. This is a leadership position with the additional responsibility of ensuring a positive work environment in which the practice achieves its goals.
Are you a veterinarian who would like to work in a growing privately owned practice that maintains a positive image in the community? We practice quality medicine, general surgery, and dentistry. We treat our clients like friends and neighbors and treat their pets like they are our own.
Medical and Surgical
- Provides compassionate care to patients
- Works with owners to set practice medical policies and procedures; performs all duties according to them.
- Performs physical examinations, diagnosing physical conditions, and presents diagnostic and treatment alternatives to the client
- Performs medical, surgical, and dental procedures; provides emergency services in accordance with hospital policy.
- Interprets the results of laboratory procedures and determines the appropriate protocol based on the results; reads radiographs and prescribes medications.
- Takes time to communicate effectively with clients, presenting them with treatment alternatives and being sensitive to their emotional as well as financial status
- Sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promotes the concept of a client-centered environment.
- Helps to develop new programs and processes that meet clients’ changing needs.
- Communicate objectives, motivates staff, build and maintain morale; maintain core values and standards.
- Takes an active role in practice staff meetings but ensures that all staff members participate.
- Promotes cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the practice function as a unit.
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
- maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- DVM licensed in North Carolina
- Experience in a practice is desirable but not required
- Excellent medical and surgical skills
- Excellent communication skills with both staff and clients
- Willingness to work emergencies or extra hours when needed
- Interest in the growth of the practice
- Perform basic computer skills
- Work almost constantly in the presence of other staff members and clients.
- PAY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- 10-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Please complete the form below and upload a current copy of your resume.